Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Strange noise...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Default Strange noise...

I have 2003 Mazda 6. There is a strange noise that occurs when the car reaches about 40 mph. Its a hummingnoise.It also get worse when the wheel is turned to the right. I know that its not the exhaust or the motor because of the tests that we have done. We are thinking the ball bearing or the axle. What is your all thoughts on this? And also where can i find info to replace this, like charts??

Old 04-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Default RE: Strange noise...

u raed my forum, on my "woo woo" noise, and here's what i got for yah

sure dude, i figured out what my problem was, it was exactly what i thought it was ..

my very first guess, its the bearing inside the spindle.
when it starts to go bad/ loose lubrication (grease) the bearings make a humming noise ( like what i described in my forum) ... its an easy fix (by mechanic only) because Mazda bearings (located inside the spindles) are pressed in and pressed out with a machine (cant be don't by hand, and if you do attempt it your only gonna end up breaking the spindle)

just have someone test drive it , (mechanic) before u jump to any conclusions ... i have heard that it can also be a broken boot ,(located on the axle)... inspect your boots, and make sure they are full of grease, and that the grease feels mushy, not clunky and dry ....

but in the end to answer your question it was my bearing inside the spindle at 80k miles ...

also , if your going to do one side, i would strongly suggest you do both sides , just because they have almost identical life expectancy , so eventually the other side will go bad sooner than later

Dominican Rocker , tricked out mazda 6 v6 stage 1 clutch master's clutch , hid's , intake , & breakin the law..