Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Supercharger 6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Default Supercharger 6?

Are there any real superchargers that could be put on the 6? I have been looking through sites, and have only seen the electric and the real cheap ones that look like computer fans. Also my friend mentioned moving the firewall back to make room for any mods, because i'm sure I won't be able to fit anything in there right now, is this a good idea.

Any comments are appreciated.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Default RE: Supercharger 6?

For which engine? I know that there are some people who have turbocharged the I4, but if it's the V6 you are asking about, then no there has yet to be anyone to come out with a reliable and proven forced induction kit for it. The only option that us 3.0 guys have when it comes to that route is the e-chargers or a full on custom setup.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 10-21-2007, 07:23 PM

Yah, I meant the V6, thanks for the input. In one of the earlier threads I believe it was you that mentioned a good first mod would be the CAI. I was wondering if you might know how long it would taketo dothis project and would the payoff be worth it? They advertise an average 25 hp increase but i'm guessing it would be closer to 20.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:09 PM

A CAI can be installed in a few hours, even by a total rooky. Honestly I'd guess the average increase to be around 10 hp, without the optimizer. As far as wether or not it's worth the money, I think that it is, especially if you are thinking of doing any other mods further down the line. The best part about the intake though is that the power seems to come on earlier and continues to pull harder right up to redline. Hope this helps you decide, feel free to PM me or post another thread if you have further questions.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 PM

well i couldn't find the pm for this site, i'mstill kinda new, but anyways what do u mean by an optimizer? Also are there any special tools outside of "the normal" garage that would be required? My dad and I used to work on cars alot when we were younger... lol so i think we would be able to handle it, however he's only gonna help me if i first replace the clutch in my sisters 626, so i could be going solo for the CAI.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:13 PM

Tools needed are a socket wrench, with a good size extension, a phillips head screwdriver, the jack and wrench to remove the driverside wheel and a hex-head set. An optomizer is a part that C-Pe sells which "fools" the ecu into seeing certain O2/MAF data and causes it to adjust the Air/Fuel ratios acordingly. This will give you a further increase in power, but it is not "tuneable", meaning that you cannot have it adjust the A/F ratio to compensate for further mods like headers, etc. I did the CAI by myself in about 2.5 - 3hrs. I will warn you that getting the original rubber tubing that joins the airbox to the throttle body is a real pain to get around the tubing for the CAI, but that just requires a little bit of elbow grease, and it'll fit.

Personally I would recomend going with the Mazdaspeed or AEM options as there is no oil on the filter to possibly get in the engine or on the MAF and foul things up.

Let me know if there is anything else you need to know and I'll try to help you as best I can. Good luck man, let me know how it turns out.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 PM

"To avoid the possibility of introducing water into the intake system and hydrolocking your engine, the use of the AEM Air Bypass Valve is highly recommended." although i dont plan on taking my mazda mudding anytime soon, it does rain alot in fl, will this be an issue?

And for the optimizer is it a combination of oxygen censor and computer chip or something else, here is the site i have been looking at, please let me know if you know any good sites.
http://www.yourhotcar.com/product/li...formance_Chips

Thanks, Doug

Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 PM

I live in houston, so I feel ur pain on the rain thing. As for the valve, well that is gonna depend, how deep of water do you go through on a regular basis, if you're somewhere that floods all the time, then yes defenitely get it, if not then I wouldn't worry about it. I have yet to have a problem.

As for sites, try http://www.therpmstore.com, they have a ton of stuff for the 6 and from what I understand, they're easy to work with. I got my CAI from the dealer (it's a Mazdaspeed part that doesn't void my warranty) so I haven't used them yet, though I'm planning on getting a rear sway bar and a fron strut tower bar from them in the near future.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 AM

There is a supercharger in the works for the 3.0 just scroll to the bottom of the page...

http://www.nautilusperformance.com/id68.html

Old 10-24-2007, 12:37 PM

Says that it's still under development. Add to that the fact that there have been several companys that have had forced induction systems "under development" for the 3.0 and none of them have ever produce anything that actually worked well. The problem lies not in the engine itself but rather in the ecu, in order to do any tuning it has to be fooled, circumvented, or replaced entirely because it has this anoying little habit of restoring the factory setting when you start the car the next time. *shrugs* I'll believe it when I see it actually have pricing, and even then I'd wait till someone else tries it first seeing as I don't have the money to go blowing up engines with a SC kit that noone has ever used before.

Bottom line; If you want to do it, be my guest, but I'd want to know about reliability and effectiveness before i whent and spent a bunch of money on it.

-Cameron Keffer