Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Tweeter Trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Default Tweeter Trouble?

I have the bose system in my car but I also upgraded my system with a bunch of other crap. Even before I did the upgrades I'd been hearing a small rattle noise, now I know there are other posts on this and I even have ripped on people for not looking at them first, but I've checked them and haven't seen this possible solution yet. I think that the rattle might actually be the door mounted tweeters. I think that the crossover that they use in the bose system allows far too much low end to these and blows them out rather quickly, so after that any bass that hit's will literally rattle the speaker in the fixture. Anyone have any comments on this please post back.

D to the B

Old 11-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Default RE: Tweeter Trouble?

I believe that you are correct on this issue, i had the same problem. The dealer sets the sound system for bose up at all the high levels to make the system sound good when trying to sell the car. Once you drive down the road and the ALC (I believe that is what that is called) loudens the system to avoid outside noise conflicts. This will then stress all of your speakers and kill them. I wish i would have known that before I rolled down the road and did so. Stupid sound levels, anyway. I purchased infiniti speakers instead of replacing the bose which sound average now since they are crap. You think the dealer would warn you what the system will do after you roll out of the place, but no. They want you to buy new speakers once you blow em. I just wanted the bose as a backup set, and they still are but they arent like the first day i had them.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:52 PM

If you are not running a separate amp or anything to the speakers there is no reason they should not be covered under the regular warranty. No where in the owners manual does it say that you should not turn up past a certain volume level or your speakers will be blown and not covered does it?

Old 11-04-2005, 11:02 AM

Actually the warrenty doesn't cover anything on the car that would recieve regular "wear". Which means clutch, brakes, and you guessed it... speakers. It's their lame way of buying a bunch of bose badges and slapping it on cheap **** that has no comparison what-so-ever to an actual bose system.

D to the B

Old 11-04-2005, 11:04 PM

You are right about wear items such as brakes, clutch disc, wiper blades, and adjustments being only covered for 12mo/12k miles. But a speaker is only an electrical component such as a power window switch and the switch is covered for full 4yr/50k miles so why would a speaker not be covered. If you have speakers that do not work correctly and your dealer wants you to buy them I would say you should call Mazda customer assistance at 1-800-222-5500 and ask them. I think you might be surprised at the answer you get.

Old 11-05-2005, 01:51 PM

hmm.... if i were to get my speakers replaced.... because my door speakers dont go up as high in volume as they used to which i believe is a case of being blown out. I want new ones if at all possible to keep as a backup or to sell with my car if that ever needs to be given an option.