Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

window tinting.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Default RE: window tinting.....

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

ORIGINAL: *****

Just to throw in my 2 cents...

I currently have an srt-4 (I'll be buying a Mazda 3 or 6 shortly) with tinted windows and I live in Pittsburgh. I was pulled over 2 years ago for illegal tint. The PA tint laws are extremely vague on purpose. I fought it but eventually got the bone. They said I could pay the fine or remove the tint. I paid the fine. This was in Killbuck (around Sewickley area). I've had tint on my car for 3 years and obviously driven past many, many cops. 99% of them don't care and leave you alone. There is always the one jerk that is going to bust you for no good reason. When I get my Mazda I'm going to tint my windows. To me, it's worth the risk. I think the car looks a lot better with tinted windows.

I got my windows done at auto image on Banksville Rd. They did a good job for a very reasonable price. I'll be going back there.

welcome to the forum first of all... secondly, i drive around your area all the time up to Robert Morris University off University Blvd. i know exactly where you are at! what percentage of tint do you drive around with? I was thinking about 35% tint just to play it semi-safe

Welp, I have been in San Diego, and didn't have the time before to take the pictures of my car to really show you the tint. The 35% is very nice.

I did get popped on my Solara once...that also had 35% all around...although for some reason it looked darker. Maybe because it was a coupe...less windows...who knows. But I got pulled over because I rolled through a stop sign. So, it gave him a REASON to pull me over, and decided to get me for the tint instead of the stop sign. Obviously, he told me to remove the tint, if I didn't, I would have to pay a fine. Which I think was like $104 or something like that. I never did take it off. I paid the fine. They left me alone after that.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:20 PM

I know this is not the time or place for what im fixin to say but allyssa if that you your pretty hot!

Old 05-12-2006, 12:13 AM

hahahhaa, well it really is her! she appeared in a calendar shoot that was ready for purchase not too long ago.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:44 PM

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town for a few days.

2 things:

1. I went with 35% in 3 back windows and 25% in front two. As long you don't go nuts with it they should leave you alone.

2. And yes, I agree allyssa is pretty hot ;-]

Old 05-15-2006, 11:08 PM

seems like you have an audience alyssa!

Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: *****

1. I went with 35% in 3 back windows and 25% in front two. As long you don't go nuts with it they should leave you alone.
Why did you choose to go darker on the front two windows than on the back three?

Old 05-16-2006, 10:06 PM

grey mazda....lol, seems to be so.

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:53 PM

Oops, I think I meant the other way around. I got it done 3 years ago so I'm not up on my tinting terminology. But front windows are lighter than back ones

Old 05-16-2006, 11:29 PM

that would make more sense....

Old 05-17-2006, 05:16 PM

yeah that was making no sense to me at all but now it does [8D]

Quick Reply: window tinting.....