Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

window tinting.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Default RE: window tinting.....

ORIGINAL: RJB_M6

I had my dad call the eye doctor about 3-4 weeks ago about getting a slip of paper for a "light sensitivity" problem. Stupid doctor said he would look into it and hasn't gotten back to us, now he is on vacation. Anyways, even if you do get the piece of paper, you still have to apply to the state and get approved by the state.
That's alright! I'd try it, just to get it over and done with!

Old 08-02-2006, 02:39 PM

yea im doin the doctorsnote thing too

my local tint shop says $225 for all around tint. i hear thats way overpriced

wat price did u pay to get ur tint?

Old 08-02-2006, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: sin6racer

yea im doin the doctorsnote thing too

my local tint shop says $225 for all around tint. i hear thats way overpriced

wat price did u pay to get ur tint?
Mine was actually free. Well...I paid by trading a 700 watt Alpine amplifier. But when I got my Solara done, I paid $165. $225 is pretty dang expensive. Shop around before you buy tint. Make sure you check to see what kind of work they do too. Check with the better business bureau too to make sure they have some credit.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:51 PM

I paid 200 for all around 35% but I didn't shop around since this was the only palce close to me and I didn't wanna drive far. Anyways I heard something about if the state approves your legal excuse for tint, that the stickers they gave you have to be placed either on the door jam or between the window and tint.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:20 AM

I paid 200 for all around 35% but I didn't shop around since this was the only palce close to me and I didn't wanna drive far. Anyways I heard something about if the state approves your legal excuse for tint, that the stickers they gave you have to be placed either on the door jam or between the window and tint.
that doesn't sound so bad, i'd put it on the door jam or just carry it around in my book with my registration and crap. Don't want to ugly up my baby and all... ya know! i hope i can pull this off as i am going to eye doctors soon enough!

Old 08-04-2006, 02:28 PM

That might depend on your state. I believe here you just have to have a certified document in your car stating it's permittable. I'm not positive, but I think that's what I was told.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:38 PM

lemme see what i can do in the next week or so with my eye doctor alyssa... we'll see if it is variable state-by-state or not.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:15 AM

wow my firend does it, I tell you all about it and now everyone and their mom wants to "legally" tint their windows.

("everyone and their mom" is an expression I hadn't hear do fit till recently so if you didn't get it it practicall ymeans i's the new fad)

Old 08-07-2006, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

wow my firend does it, I tell you all about it and now everyone and their mom wants to "legally" tint their windows.

("everyone and their mom" is an expression I hadn't hear do fit till recently so if you didn't get it it practicall ymeans i's the new fad)
lol, are you drunk?

gray_mazda, lemme know how it goes!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: AlyssaC

lol, are you drunk?
WTF? I don't drink I'm 16 (that doesn't stop some people)

Quick Reply: window tinting.....