New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

claypole enters the ring!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Talking claypole enters the ring!

hello all, they call me ''Claypole''
I'm a virgin to this forum but not a virgin to Mazda's!

I've got a confession to make to you all,i bow my head in shame to say this but i let my beautiful pride and joy go, i swapped my lovely mazda 6, 2003 2.3 sport,canary yellow. for a subaru impreza wrx.
You could say it was a moment of madness took over me,once done i regretted it every day since!
So i've now got a scooby up for sale and looking to get back behind the wheel of a ''Mazda'' again!
so if anyone considering buying a scooby,and has a mazda for sale maybe we could do business!!!

Name:  DSCF0038.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  88.9 KB

Last edited by claypole55; 07-24-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:03 AM

nice im glad you wised up and decided to go back to mazda's , you should keep a look out on ebay or craigslist.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Hey claypole!! Welcome aboard, but what's wrong with the subie? Subie makes some nice cars and I have to respect that... even as a Mazda owner and Moderator.

Did you know that on your former Mazda, the steering wheel is on the wrong side, your license plate is too wide and there are four big black bugs waiting to strike in front of your headlights? Good thing you got rid of it. It musta' been a lemon from the factory w/all those problems. And those bugs... you musta' gotten out of it just in time.

j/k.

I'm not familiar w/Shropshire. I assume, Great Britian? What part?

Old 07-26-2009, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1
I'm not familiar w/Shropshire. I assume, Great Britian? What part?
yes im in the uk, my yellow peril was great fun,even with those giant bugs on it!!! lol, anyway my steering wheel is correct and you'll find yours is on wrong side,who ever thought driving on the right was a sensible thing to do must of been nuts!!! ha ha! my scooby is great fun,must admit thou the comfort and luxury that mazda gives is second to none!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]the wife drives the new mazda 2,nice car but a little too light for me,i'm surprised i haven't put it into a hedge yet turning corners! lol

so where are you all from then??

Last edited by virgin1; 07-26-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

RE: LHD vehicles; The French (the Duryea brothers) and the Germans (Daimler,) who arguably invented the automobile.

The yellow on yours looks like it was a nice color.
The '03's here (North America, which answers your second question) came in a much brighter, harsher yellow. Personally I usually prefer bold colors but generally feel that one a little too bold for the size of the car.

I wish our cars came with bugs though. The sad part is that most people here don't think twice about keeping their headlight clean.
I'm sure the Mazda(6) was a better DD than the Subie, but I'll bet the Subie handles better and is a blast to drive.

What drivetrain did you have in the 6? I know you have a few more choices than we do, but most additional choices are smaller (or diesel) engines.

I like the 2's and have heard that we may finally get them in the states next year. My only concern is how comparatively slow (re: underpowered) it is liable to be compared to the others. Put one or two other adults in the car and it gets downright ugly slow!!

Old 07-26-2009, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1
RE: LHD vehicles; The French (the Duryea brothers) and the Germans (Daimler,) who arguably invented the automobile.
I like the 2's and have heard that we may finally get them in the states next year. My only concern is how comparatively slow (re: underpowered) it is liable to be compared to the others. Put one or two other adults in the car and it gets downright ugly slow!!
the 2 is very quick,believe it or not my misses keeps up with me in scooby! pull off is as would be expected,as only a 1.5L they reduced the weight of car by 1500kg,in my opinion it needs a 6 speed box instead of 5 speed. really quick but very light! our family of 4 in car still pulls away nicely,its taken over as the new ''super mini''
http://www.mazda.co.uk/showroom/mazda2/overview/

Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know Man. 10.4sec to 62mph is the fastest drivetrain available according to the brochure, and I'm sure that's tested under ideal conditions. Add weight to that and it would slow down even more.
That said, I'm sure many would be relatively happy with that performance. Mazda should bring the car here to let us make up our own minds if we like it or not. After all, the Chevy Aveo and Toyota Yaris seem to have found a niche here. They should be in the same class as the 2 series.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:14 PM

oh i think it would wipe the floor with toyota!!! lol

Old 07-28-2009, 03:26 PM
VB

I'd rather buy herpes than a Toyota Yaris...

Welcome claypole, any pics of the WRX? I know it's kinda cheating on my favorite car (Evo IX MR), but I have a soft spot for Scoobies.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

^^^ I agree!! ^^^
I too have a soft spot for (some) Subies, the WRX among them and would like to see some pics.
Plus I wouldn't mind someday owning/playing with an EVO VIII or IX. :/\

Quick Reply: claypole enters the ring!