New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Comming from 4 door v8 to 2 dr I4(LONG post :) )

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Default Comming from 4 door v8 to 2 dr I4(LONG post :) )

Well, wanting too anywho. I live down in Katy, Tx, right ouside houston. I currently have a 94 chevy caprice. Love it to death, but im 18, and about to start college. Im staying in Houston, but having to travel up to the north side every other day for college, and I dont think my gas hungry v8 can handel that. Shes allready got 145K on her, and stuffs starting to give out. I dont have the money for the repairs, so Id like something else. I want something fun, affordable, good on gas,convertabe([8D]) but reliable. I asked one of my friends, and he mentioned the miata, and it sounds like a great time!

Im into performance, and I can see the miata has potential. I work at a ACE Hardware Store, and I have a few guys comming in everyonce in a while turboing them. They are getting 200+ hp, and out of a little 2300lb car, holy crap! Also, I like handeling. This thing must be a gokart from what Ive read and hurd! I would mostly concern my self with just handeling for the 1st part, seeing how Im kinda fed up with trying to beat people lol. Maybe later though...

Problem though, my mom is conviced this is a crappy car. She had a neighbor with one and she said "Oh all they had were problems!!!"(mind you ,this was in the very early 90s, and from what I can gather, the year Im looking at, a 96, mazda fixed many problems). Also, they wanted me to get the caprice for its bigness, and saftey. I dont see how the miata is not safe. Its got a 4 star frontal on the driver! Thats a GREAT rating!!!

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...=priceDESC&min

Heres the one Im looking at. I had my friend carfax it, and everything checked out perfect. 2 owners, one in Cali, and the one in houston. No accident, no nothing. And Im sure I could work him down from 5500.

Is there any input any of yall could give me to help me convince my mom in letting me get this? Shes concerned with saftey, and maitnience. Id really like this car, and I think it would treat me right.

Oh, and heres my current car.

All my money goes into her. Everything is mine on it, cept for the rims and tires, those were a grad gift.

Thanks everyone, and I hope I can get her soon!