New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

CX-5 oil problem advice urgently needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
By you deleting the codes, they have nothing to report to head office.

You will need to wait for the codes to return. Until then, you won't get any assistance.
Thanks mate. I keep monitoring the car.

today i have done 200km and i have checked oil pressure via Forscan, no pressure problem at the moment

Only
P117A remaining but there is no engine light on.

istop working fine.

do you know why P117A occurs?

thanks again

Seko

Old 01-03-2022, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

P117A can appear for several reasons. But in your case with the previous codes its most likely because the engine is compromised.

How are you checking oil pressure?

Old 01-03-2022, 04:25 AM

P117A can appear for several reasons. But in your case with the previous codes its most likely because the engine is compromised.

How are you checking oil pressure?
Today, i heat up the engine, when oil temp reach 90 and coolant 85-90 via odb scan tool.

while idle - 130-165 kpa

1500 rpm bit high as 210- 290 kpa

3500 rpm 350 - 400 kpa

i have tested paking position as well as on the way with cruise control.

on the way i checked for about 60km , i set the cruise 80km/h roughly 1500 rpm and oil pressure was always between 210-320 kpa.

Since i reset previous code no dtc came up yet.

i wanna know if i need to replace injector washers?

in last recall its tightened with more torque. Do you guys replacing washers during recall latest recall?

thanks

Old 01-04-2022, 08:01 PM

So mazda did do what is called a partial rebuild (Cam to sump) but they won't comment if the new block is a redesign and wont have the same issue so we traded the car in and got a different car. Hope this helps

Old 08-23-2022, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Simeon_Hawkins
I hate to break it to you Andrew, but it was a complete mess. As a non-mechanic & it being many months ago now, what I remember went something like this... the oil gets diluted by diesel when there's a problem with it. 1 of the 4 (fuel injectors...? something costing $600 each) was broken, which somehow prevented oil from circulating properly & caused too much diesel to dilute the oil... which made the oil too thin & the level too high & before you know it everything is buggered. The real kicker after replacing basically everything oil related was the turbo was found to be shot as well- the bearings had worn out due to lack of oil & had to be completely replaced. All told it cost me $12,000 NZD plus extra accommodation, flights & so on while out of action.
As a second hand vehicle from 2015 there was no warranty but fortunately I had mechanical insurance... but that only covered the first $5,000. After that it was on me.

My advice if you keep it, would be to get the oil changed every 6 months. That's what my mechanic advised- he said the oil system is way too fickle (something about Mazda trying to make the diesel engine behave like a petrol engine) to leave it unchecked regularly. I found the oil light came on again after 5 months!

Hey Simeon

I am having Mazda CX5 2012 2.2L engine issues (currently sitting at the local dealer not starting, at least $8K to repair!) and wanting to gather a group of people to have a louder voice and hold Mazda NZ accountable.

If you have Facebook, please join the group I have created on there so we can work together.

It would be great to hear from people who have current issues, who have had issues and Mazda hasn't come to the party, and people who had luck with Mazda being useful!

Facebook Post

Thanks,
Tina

Old 10-23-2022, 07:33 AM

Hi grim_reaper
Please see below!

Last edited by Crikey; 10-23-2022 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-23-2022, 07:46 AM

Replied via PM.

Hi grim_reaper
We have a CX5 2.2 2015. It has codes P055F , P0524 and B13D3. Oil looks to be very low.
Has been reliable until now. Sounds bad right?
Thanks for any help. We are in SEQLD

Old 10-30-2022, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

Get it towed into your local Mazda dealership.

You may be required to pay for a few hours diagnosis labour.,
Hopefully it gets the engine replaced for free under extended warranty/good will.

Old 02-09-2023, 06:50 PM

Hi all, Tina, did you gather a group to challenge head office with?
can I please hear from anyone who has had success contacting Mazda head office with blown head gasket issue in their Mazda 2.2 diesel cx5 please, ours is NZ new, serviced on or before every 10,000km since new, we have had it 6 months, 1 previous owner and it's just been diagnosed with blown head gasket, no prior warning, no lights come on etc, well looked after and we are not taking this sitting down. Had done around 137k when code come up during a service to say it had overheated at some stage, no other details available then the dealership cleared codes.
after monitoring it, we have had it checked properly and it's suspected blown head gasket.
So this could have happened any while back.
on principle this being a common issue, we will.not accept having to pay 7k for repairs or possible double that for a new motor, when we paid 17k for it 6 months ago.

Old 02-09-2023, 06:51 PM

Forgot to add our CX5 is a 2014 sky-activ model

Quick Reply: CX-5 oil problem advice urgently needed