New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

CX-5 oil problem advice urgently needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Get it towed into your local Mazda dealership.

You may be required to pay for a few hours diagnosis labour.,
Hopefully it gets the engine replaced for free under extended warranty/good will.

Hi @grimrea Keen to chat if you don't mind. No rush. I've got the 2.2D in a 2015 Mazda 6. Love the car but have no end of trouble. I'm bought it second hand in October 23. It's only just clocked over 125,000km and full service history. Since then it's been towed twice, limp mode several times and off the road for weeks at a time. I'm an on road sales rep so I need a reliable car. Luckily my father in law is a pretty handy mechanic so I get most things done for parts.

1. Alternator belt snapped (understandable).
2. Coolant bypass cracked (why tf were they ever plastic, took two weeks to get part in.
3. Vaccum pump setting off vehicle system malfunction P258B, daily but driveable)

​​​​​​Now as of yesterday I've had both P06DE (engine oil pressure Control circuit) and P055F (engine oil pressure out of range.)

I've had various responses on Facebook pages about injectors etc etc.

Few questions

1. In your experience what's the likelihood of Mazda replacing motor?
2. if I need to fix it short term would regular 5000km services help?
3. Long terms what's the bare minimum to fix if I'm paying lol.
​Am I fighting a never winning battle to get this thing reliable?
5. I'm sure you've got better things to do but van we chat?

Old 01-17-2024, 10:31 AM

wow! better get the 8 ball out for a few answers to those questions? I know there is a lot of experts on Facebook!

You are asking for prediction on a model that has well into the 10's of thousands and almost all of them are basically trouble free through their Warranty period?

Old 01-17-2024, 01:59 PM

Wow, thanks mate. Great insight. Super helpful. Especially thankful you've got spare time and energy in your life to make up that fantastic meme. Kudos. Keep living your best life 👏🏼

QUOTE=Callisto;222942]wow! better get the 8 ball out for a few answers to those questions? I know there is a lot of experts on Facebook!

You are asking for prediction on a model that has well into the 10's of thousands and almost all of them are basically trouble free through their Warranty period?

[/QUOTE]

Old 01-29-2024, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tina
Hey Simeon

I am having Mazda CX5 2012 2.2L engine issues (currently sitting at the local dealer not starting, at least $8K to repair!) and wanting to gather a group of people to have a louder voice and hold Mazda NZ accountable.

If you have Facebook, please join the group I have created on there so we can work together.

It would be great to hear from people who have current issues, who have had issues and Mazda hasn't come to the party, and people who had luck with Mazda being useful!

Facebook Post

Thanks,
Tina
Hi Tina,

Did you have any joy with Mazda NZ? I can't find the FB group...is it still there? Thanks, Peter

Old 01-30-2024, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiPete
Hi Tina,

Did you have any joy with Mazda NZ? I can't find the FB group...is it still there? Thanks, Peter
I know you are somewhat of a new member but generally it is a good idea before quoting a member to at least look when the last time they posted on this thread and on the forum?
On some thread it at times opens a pandora box especially if you took the time to read from post #1?
Tina Last Activity: 08-29-2022 12:18 AM