New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

As a dealer - would Modified cars sell?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Default As a dealer - would Modified cars sell?

Hi all,

Full disclosure: I am a car dealer. I have a Mazda3 that was built up by someone else (trade-in) and you can see it here:

http://www.carite.com/inventory/deta...3561416205.asp

My question to the group is, would you like to see this kind of vehicle for sale with financing and lifetime engine warranty? I am considering building up a few more cars, but I don't know how big this market is.

What do you think?

Thanks
Bob

Last edited by CARite; 07-20-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

Your link is useless. Too vague. Advertising for selling vehicle requires more helpful posts.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
Your link is useless. Too vague. Advertising for selling vehicle requires more helpful posts.
I think he is trying to advertise his car. There are better places to do this: craigslist, e-bay motors and many more. Even this board has a listing for used cars.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:10 PM

Would I sell this car to someone on this forum? Of course, I'm a car dealer. But am I here to try to trick you into coming on my lot - no.

I was asking a very specific question. Would you (a person who frequents a forum populated by people who buy this kind of car) buy something like this from a dealer, or would you rather buy the car and build it up yourself?

I am not trying to "trick you into buying" anything or even sell you this particular car (which is why the information about the car was vague).

This car is a good deal, and it will sell without this forum. I just want to know if there is value in building cars like this to sell.

------------------------------
Oh, damn. I see. The link didn't work correctly.
http://www.carite.com/inventory/deta...3561416205.asp

Hopefully this will link to the exact car.

Last edited by CARite; 07-20-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Banned
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by CARite

------------------------------
Oh, damn. I see. The link didn't work correctly.
Used Mazda Mazda3 for sale in Detroit Michigan | CARite

Hopefully this will link to the exact car.
NOPE 0 for 2 !

Old 07-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

So you are CarMax by another name?
First, it would be helpful if you were more specific about the specific car in question instead of giving us a general link to the homepage. I am guessing you are quite new at this game?
Second, an automatic? REALLY??? NOT!! Wrong kind of car to be modded and automatic.
Third, by "built-up are you talking only about the GT spoiler and GV lip? Is there anything else that I might've missed?
Fourth, 12g's for an '06 sedan... even if it is/was a GT model? They were 16-17g's when new in '06!!

OK my opinions are, 1) no, I don't like the car or the price. 2) In an act of desperation I have done business w/a no-haggle used car dealer before and would not repeat the process. In fact if we hadn't needed a new car I would have walked out when they told me that tires with less than 5/32nds tread were acceptable when I was paying a premium money (KBB) for the vehicle in question. Or that the chipped windshield was acceptable.
I finally won the windshield argument but they were firm about the tires. The chip in question was "webbing" already and within the wipers sweep, which would not legally pass inspection. They knew that and was hoping that I didn't.
I found the whole experience to be rather sleazy on their part, especially when they found out they couldn't finance the car for me as I already had my own (financing.) They didn't like that one bit and I'd bet your company doesn't ether. 'Shows to go you where the REAL money is in used cars.