New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello, new Mazda owner here

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Smile Hello, new Mazda owner here

Here to say Hi to everyone as I've bought a Black 2005 Hatchback Mazda 3 Sport last week. Never rode in or driven in a Mazda before till last week.

Glad to say I loved it when I first saw it being sold at a dealer. Viewed many Mazda 3's from the 1.6L TS and TS2 models to the high end 2011 models but what I really aimed for was the 2004-2006 2.0L Mazda 3 Sport (Wasn't keen on the TS and TS2 style, like the front hood grill and lights), found a few of them dotted here and there but was disappointed as many had rust on either the wheels or wheel arches and some had costly body damage until I came across the one I finally bought, no rust on the wheel arches, no body damage like the others.

Drove it from the dealer to my home on urban roads, a country road and on the highway and it dives like a charm. Doing 70-70+ it pulls extremely well and is much more quiet at high speeds than my previous car.

This is my second car, first was a Renault Clio Mk2 which as much as it was to swing around in urban areas I needed a more reliable car that didn't make everyone who drove around in it with me feel as if it was cramped or unsafe as it drove on skinny stock wheels (it didn't have alloy rims, just the one's you see with hub caps on).

Since having it for a week I've taken my time taking in everything my new Mazda has to offer and for how much I paid I got quite a lot of car and tech;
- Big 2.0L engine
- Double Locking doors
- Engine Immobilizer
- Xenon Headlights
- Automatic Headlights
- Automatic Windscreen wipers
- Automatic Climate Control
- Reverse gear is in a different location
- and much more

Only things I have to wrap my head around is how to properly change gear and use the gas pedal correctly (had a fair share of grinding gears on the journey back but still getting used to a stiffer and sharper gearbox). The Gas pedal on my previous car felt soft and felt like pressing my foot into a cotton pillow as I pressed it whereas on this Mazda it's stiffer and feels like it actually does something and is really responsive.

Future modifications for this car, maybe a new front bumper as I see a crack on the middle of where the bumper meets the front right headlight and change the apple 30-pin cable interface. Disassembled the glovebox to get to it and the interface has the Mazda logo so not sure if that's a official Mazda product, any recommendations as I have a iPhone 6 or should I just get an interface that uses Blutooth that can connect to all sorts of blutooth devices?

Anyway I guess that's my introduction? Guess it was kind of like a rant or something among those lines.

Looking forward to driving my car more and finding out things on the way.

Attached Thumbnails Hello, new Mazda owner here-img_1664.jpg   Hello, new Mazda owner here-img_1666.jpg   Hello, new Mazda owner here-img_1662.jpg   Hello, new Mazda owner here-img_1667.jpg  
Old 12-13-2015, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

Well done & welcome to the Mazda Family.