New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

im a n00b

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Default im a n00b

Hello, i'm new to the forum. I bought an '06 tribute i in february and i'm looking into some performance upgrades/visual upgrades/etc. Anything to improve performance and interior/exterior appearance (nothing too snazzy though). If you have any suggestions for me please let me know! Engine is a 2.3L DOHC I-4. To be honest i'm not a very experienced car owner. This is my first "un-used" vehicle and I really don't know much about cars.

What are some reasonable upgrades i can get?

Old 05-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Default RE: im a n00b

for starters, your exterior can use a little window tinting which runs a couple hundred bucks for an SUV. for interior, you can just change out your sound system to a nicer one of your liking if you want. custom interior gets to be pretty pricey so you may want to stick away from that. i've never seen a tribby tricked out in my area so i'm not exactly sure what looks nice and what doesn't. but i would say, do what is to your likings. research tribute modifications/customization and see what others have done. maybe you'll find something you like.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:58 PM

great suggestions GM6. I say some decent looking wheels (please no spinners) that seem to work with SUV styling, I always like those deeply offset dish like wheels in a polished metal look for large vehicles like trucks and SUVs (you often see them on trucks and JEEP Wrnagelrs that do not have oversized hweels), with exposed pop riveting and possibly some for show only beadlock rivets too

Old 05-15-2006, 11:39 PM

yeah i got some ideas, *ahem*....yo man slap some chrome hubcap spinners on yo ride from Pepboys cuz autozone is cheap, then add hydraulics to put some bounce to yo ride, then add neons under it, in the grill, inside under the seats, in your dash in the engine bay, then put some strobes, in the headlights, taillights, on the mirrors, Also get some clear taillights, and then hollow out your tribby, so you only have two seats and then line the floor with 12in MTX subs and for each one put pulsing neons rings around them and then for your walls line half of it with 800 watt MTX amps, and put some neons lining above and below them, oh and dont for get a 120in long, 17ft high wing to set yo ride off right. And last thing you should get is a wide bodykit....made from cardboard, for areodynamic properties then bam your done....sorry my mind likes to wander...now heres something i hope youll really like, for performence id start with simple stuff you know like a cai or a short ram, maybe a supercharger when you wanna go extreme, umm oh maybe headers..simple yet effective, how about a Borla exhaust...sounds good dont it? For exterior visuals you could be a commoner and go with a chrome billet grill and chrome ram bar. How about tinted windows? Uh...oh yeah visual interior, im not really good at giving suggestions for SUV interior but here it goes...i got nothin as far as seats and stuff but you could add a few tv's, and a infinity sound system all around, hope this helps oh and welcome to the forum.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:43 AM

Yeah Tracker forgot to meantion that "carried away" means he's kidding this part he was serious about

"now heres something i hope youll really like, for performence id start with simple stuff you know like a cai or a short ram, maybe a supercharger when you wanna go extreme, umm oh maybe headers..simple yet effective, how about a Borla exhaust...sounds good dont it? For exterior visuals you could be a commoner and go with a chrome billet grill and chrome ram bar. How about tinted windows? Uh...oh yeah visual interior, im not really good at giving suggestions for SUV interior but here it goes...i got nothin as far as seats and stuff but you could add a few tv's, and a infinity sound system all around, hope this helps oh and welcome to the forum."

Old 05-16-2006, 02:11 AM

thanks for the suggestions. i'm really looking for performance type upgrades first, get a little more mileage or a little more hp. doesn't have too much power as it is. after that i'll probaly go for the visual upgrades.

i think the first thing i'll go with is that wide cardboard body kit. i'll bet that really improves my mileage.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:15 AM

no its a cardboard wide bodykit and the best one is from Unclebens rice company, and it hepls your downforce

Old 05-16-2006, 02:15 AM

Like tracker mentioned, get an infinity sound system ...it will make your SUV bounce up and down off the road..(well almost )

Old 05-16-2006, 02:23 AM

if you DO go sound system, go Bose.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:23 AM

you mean Infinity

Quick Reply: im a n00b