New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Long intro...2010 Mazda3 Hatch 2.5L 6M talk...came from SVT Focus.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Default Long intro...2010 Mazda3 Hatch 2.5L 6M talk...came from SVT Focus.

Well, I guess it's time to sign up to another forum lol. Been living the forum life since buying my 2002 SVT Focus almost 7 years ago. I don't see how I can own a Mazda AND NOT join a forum!

My SVTF is just about to top the 200,000 mile barrier so it was time to get a new daily. Travel the state of Florida for sales so wanted to stay in a nice economical and sporty hatch. I already knew it was going to be a Mazda...just the question was when and how much lol. Well I found a 42,000 mile Mazda3 Hatch with the 6 Speed Manual for sale for $13,995 and scouped it up ASAP! Bose, Blutooth, moonroof....one happy camper with the right monthly payment. Have the extended warranty to 120,000 miles as well. Didn't want to go Speed3 since I will probably rack up the 200,000 mile mark faster in this than the SVTF. Figure less parts, less maintenance.

WRONG! The 6M Transmission strikes again! I was hoping all the bad I was finding online when doing research before buying was the results of some bugs..bugs Mazda worked out in either TSB, Dealer service know how from seeing issues, or just bad drivers. But the service center has told me they may be putting in a brand new transmission in the whip due to bad syncros. They start the tear down tomorrow or Monday and I should know more then. But for the service writer to jump to new transmission right away during our first talk about what's going on....most likely seen it before or something released from Mazda in TSB or service tips.

Right now the service writer already said he is trying to allocate the work to the factory powertrain warranty since it's not clutch related. Was having problems putting in first gear after the car warmed up. Reverse was difficult too and second was manageable but didnt feel as good as shifting third through sixth. Unfortunately, never feel it during a short test drive. But did feel it when taking the sales person home whom followed me since I had to drive the SVT Focus back home and have my new car too! Well, bought it Saturday the 3rd, been driving it till today the 8th, and now the Mazda is back at the dealer. Super Sadface

Best part though in all of this?!? Keeping my little SVTF to tear up the many Florida road courses. Hello Sebring, Daytona infield, Palm Beach Internationl Raceway (Morosa), Homestead....yea you get the picture haha. Needless to say, with still keeping the toy, only thing I plan on doing to the Mazda is suspension and wheels. But both are superb FWD handling road cars. I do love my new Mazda and want it back now!

TCP New Car by TCP Tim Connolly Photography, on Flickr

TCP New Car 2 by TCP Tim Connolly Photography, on Flickr

And some of the Focus. Put a Jackson Racing Supercharger on the car at 80,000 miles. 120,000 miles later....still drives strong and ready for action. Amazing how far cars have come. I have literally put three autocross seasons on the car on top of it being a daily driver for over 6.5 years. Good lord it's outlived everyone's expections including mine.

White Wheels by TCP Tim Connolly Photography, on Flickr

Bay Reach Focus 4 by TCP Tim Connolly Photography, on Flickr

192K Engine by TCP Tim Connolly Photography, on Flickr

Solo85 by TCP Tim Connolly Photography, on Flickr