New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Mazda 3 Homura (disappointed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 08:09 AM
Default Mazda 3 Homura (disappointed)

Hello all, I’m not sure how appropriate this is for a first post, but here goes.

Six months ago I bought a new Mazda 3 Homura. I liked the look of it, the style, the interior and the test drive was fine too. I’ve never owned or even driven a Mazda vehicle before and having driven an oldish car for the previous five or so years, I was looking forward to having a new car again. But I have to say that I haven’t enjoyed it one little bit. So much so, that I think I will dispose of it in the coming weeks or months. I’ve only done 2,500 miles as I actually avoid using it if I can because I just don’t find it a pleasant drive.

The interior and the design is great and and lots of people of commented on how nice looking it is, but driving it is something else. I find it jerky and not smooth running at all. In a low gear it feels like I am in too high a gear and when I am in a high gear or motorway cruising, for example, the slightest de-acceleration feels like the car is pulling back. In addition, I often find that I can’t even get it into first gear when pulling away from a stationary stop - I’ve only ever experienced that once before with an older vehicle, and that was when the clutch was getting old!

It’s basically just horrible to drive and nothing like a new car experience should be, in my opinion.

I’ve taken it back twice - once to the dealer and once to a Mazda garage, and both times I was told it drives exactly as it should and I just need to get used to it.

Recently I had a customer questionnaire from Mazda, asking how I was enjoying my new vehicle. I am always reluctant to give bad reviews, but I had little choice when answering the questions. In response, I had an email from Mazda saying the only thing I could do was to take it back to another Mazda dealership elsewhere and see what they thought.

I think I’ve pretty much decided to cut my losses and get rid of it and buy something else, but I just wondered what others think and whether the Homura has a poor driving reputation?

Old 04-04-2024, 10:57 AM

LOL soooooo you test drove the Mazda decided to buy it and now you are complaining???

OK whatever ......

Then you decide to join a Mazda forum and grieve about your negative experience buying a Mazda that you first test drove and liked? These forum do not generate sympathy or even get read by any auto manufacture because they all know many responses specifically bout complaints are subjective. Take it up with your dealer and see how far that gets you?

auh ok then, no sympathies for you at least from myself?

BTW 2500 miles is not even close to enough time for the Mazda drive train and running gear to break in. When you reach closer to at least 15k miles many aspects of the engine and transmission will change becoming more in line with a well ENGINEERED vehicle that you many expect.

Old 04-04-2024, 11:07 AM

Fair enough. I’ll go and waste my time elsewhere.

Old 04-04-2024, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by mcro
Fair enough. I’ll go and waste my time elsewhere.
You are likely to get the same response on other Mazda forums. generally speaking, this is a new member rant that does not set well on any forum and any vehicle platform.

Old 04-13-2024, 03:36 PM

Welcome to the forum

Last edited by helendenizer; 04-13-2024 at 09:46 PM.