New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

mazda newbie, needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Default mazda newbie, needs help!

Hi everyone! Just recently purchased a 2002 Mazda Millenia P 2.5l. Just took it in to a mazda certified tech and had all the accessory belts, timing belt, tensioner and water pump replaced. i have noticed since getting it back that when i first start the car and get going down the road that when i turn left i hear a short squeal and it seems like it is difficult to turn, almost like it's getting hung up. am i paranoid, is it because the car is just warming up, what do you think? the strange thing as, after driving for a few minutes, the squeal and difficulty to turn just disappears..any suggestions?

btw...only paid $800 for the car with 176000 miles on it. i know that i'll have to put some money into it, but it's just so nice to have something paid for with no monthly pay. this is my first "outright paid for" car.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 PM

your p/s belt could be too tight, or your fluid is low. If both those check out the pump is going to be your most likely culprit.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by allisonsweatt85
Hi everyone! Just recently purchased a 2002 Mazda Millenia P 2.5l. Just took it in to a mazda certified tech and had all the accessory belts, timing belt, tensioner and water pump replaced. i have noticed since getting it back that when i first start the car and get going down the road that when i turn left i hear a short squeal and it seems like it is difficult to turn, almost like it's getting hung up. am i paranoid, is it because the car is just warming up, what do you think? the strange thing as, after driving for a few minutes, the squeal and difficulty to turn just disappears..any suggestions?

btw...only paid $800 for the car with 176000 miles on it. i know that i'll have to put some money into it, but it's just so nice to have something paid for with no monthly pay. this is my first "outright paid for" car.
one of my friends also faced a similar kind of problem; it was set right after getting the coilovers re-greased and re-adjusted. you ca try getting this done by a mechanic

Old 03-04-2011, 05:14 PM

called my mechanic today and he said that it probably just needs adjusting. he just put it on a week ago, so he said that was more than likely the problem. luckily, he's doing it for free while i wait!