New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy in town

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Default New guy in town

Just joined the forum. I own a 3i sedan and my wife has a Mazda6 wagon.

So far looks like a great site (none of the flaming I see on other sites.)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2513/85FC517817A047BCA78F34E29CA65BF4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2513/BEB17F40DF23440FAD95E95E53F16B55.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2513/FA86300E30DF461ABAB0D0DE100FBD25.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Default RE: New guy in town

Nice to hear from you sstlaure. You are definitely a Mazda family with two in the drive. We only own Mazda's as well. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:15 AM

Nice to hear that we do alright here compared to elsewhere .

It's interesting to see the swap in mags you did , I'm sure the wife didn't mind I was just wondering lately what it would look like ; thanks for the timing . Hope you like to chat cars ; we do need more here .

Ron

Old 11-30-2005, 10:08 AM

Well, I'm a certified car nut. I'm a Mech. Eng in the Auto Ind. (Ford/Mazda) on interior components, so I definitely like talking cars. Seems to me that this board has an older user group.

Here's one of the current project vehicles my friends and I are working on...over 1000 hp w/both stages of NO2 kicked in....(in addition to my 74 Bronco similar to the green truck, and a full competition Monster Truck w/1200hp and 48" tires instead of 66" so that it's faster.....what can I say, there's no speed limit off-road.)

My 3i came with 15" wheels and looked pathetic, I came upon the 17"x7" 6 wheels from a friend in Grand Rapids that bought aftermarket rims, so I got them cheap. Same deal with the RX-8 wheels. Now I have summer/winter wheels and tires for both. The Mazda6 wheels are fairly heavy, but with Michigan's terrible roads, I'll take a slightly heavier more durable wheel. 225/45R17 Toyo Proxes FZ4's mounted up nicely with the extra 0.5" of rim width (stock Mazda3 17 is 17"x6.5")

[IMG]local://upfiles/2513/A9856709C25049D495DE354DC145342B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-01-2005, 03:54 AM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

Well, I'm a certified car nut. I'm a Mech. Eng in the Auto Ind. (Ford/Mazda) on interior components, so I definitely like talking cars. Seems to me that this board has an older user group.

Here's one of the current project vehicles my friends and I are working on...over 1000 hp w/both stages of NO2 kicked in....(in addition to my 74 Bronco similar to the green truck, and a full competition Monster Truck w/1200hp and 48" tires instead of 66" so that it's faster.....what can I say, there's no speed limit off-road.)

My 3i came with 15" wheels and looked pathetic, I came upon the 17"x7" 6 wheels from a friend in Grand Rapids that bought aftermarket rims, so I got them cheap. Same deal with the RX-8 wheels. Now I have summer/winter wheels and tires for both. The Mazda6 wheels are fairly heavy, but with Michigan's terrible roads, I'll take a slightly heavier more durable wheel. 225/45R17 Toyo Proxes FZ4's mounted up nicely with the extra 0.5" of rim width (stock Mazda3 17 is 17"x6.5")

[IMG]local://upfiles/2513/A9856709C25049D495DE354DC145342B.jpg[/IMG]

Well I'm glad to have you on board with us to chat cars . It'll be great to have your credentials in time of need with the 6 .

Originally I was to go with the 3 . The ride was tightly impressive with better brakes than our 6 (the rotors are bigger on the 3 and can't fit 15 in winter rims like the 6) , but the reason why I didn't buy it among others was that I couldn't stand having my right below-the-knee-leg constantly touching the middle console . This lack of space coupled with the lack of extra air bags (in Canada) clinched my decision from the start . Besides everything I like about the 6 ; so easy decision .

The 3 was made later and seems more thought through on certain aspects that the 6 lacks like fender flashers , rear seat head rests , fuel consumption computer , tire pressure moniter , HID Xenon (2005 less) , rain sensing wipers (in Canada STD / option on SP23 in US) , bigger rotors on 2.3l , anything else !?

For the fuel consumption computer ; the 6 I have , in the command center on the dash , you can see in the leds (unlit ones) just right over the clock ; that there is writing for measuring the fuel consumption ... but nowhere do we (at least Canada) have it as an option . You can see by this that Mazda had intentions to use it , but somewhere along the line cut it out maybe to save on costs ? Perhaps somewhere in the other worldly markets the 6 is in they use it as an option ??? I am curious about this and would like to have it just as an extra gizmo

Myself I am running on both diff. sets of mags for both winter/summer . O.E. on 215 50 17 Nokian WR http://www.nokiantyres.com/products_en (click in the middle on opened page ) , and I have recieved from Texas yesterday my chromed O.E. 6 wheels which I'll be using the Michelin Pilots XMX4 that came with it , unless I find someone to buy them , and put some Nittos 555 Extreme ZR like on the SVT Cobra I have .

I thought , by the pictures you posted , you had traded the 6 's wheels with the 3's with both cars . Hard to tell they are RX8's they look so much like the 3's (on picture) .

With your story ,bout your Bronco , you make me think about Bullitt (a member of our Mustang Club) who has a bronco also and he is building his own project Hummer with more than half of it hand built to spec by himself . There is a magazine that is doing a story on him . You can see it in the links he posted in his thread over here if you're interested (don't worry it's in English in his links) http://www.montrealmustang.org/phpBB...pic.php?t=1808

Anyways tell me what you think 'bout any and all the above

Ron

Old 12-01-2005, 04:09 AM

If you want to know more about me (have pics of the 6 and chrome wheels) , come see my intro and you're welcomed to comment )
https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_6038/tm.htm

Old 12-01-2005, 12:53 PM

Which issue of Bronco Driver is his truck featured in? I am a subscriber to that magazine. (BTW...the website link you provided was in French, but I have a translation software, so I understood it for the most part.) Looks like a really cool project. I'll have to print the article and read it closely tonight.

Ma famille (St.Laurent) était le Québec dans le 1900's. Mes Français de speach de bidon de père jaillissent. (Thank you translation software...)

My 3 is a very base 3i model, 15" wheels (smaller brakes than the 3s) manual locks/windows, etc.) The only option I purchased was Air Conditioning. It is lightweight and should be very reliable as there is little to break. I purchased it as a commuter car to replace my F-150 4wd SuperCrew gas hog....It's a little small, but I'm only ~5'8" (173 cm) tall, so it fits me fine.

The 6wagon is the family transport. That pic of the 6 isn't very good. This one shows the wheel a little better, but the pic still isn't high resolution. Her car does have rear seat headrests, I guess I didn't realize the sedan doesn't have them. Her car had every option available for North America and it doesn't have the fuel consumption feature either. The radio is shared with the Atenza manufactured in Japan, so it may be a Japan/Euro feature only. (I work on the front cockpit of the Mazda6/Mustang, so I'll see what info I can find...)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2513/EFBE34A5B9AF47F8AA2B640D83DF5202.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-01-2005, 03:29 PM

Interesting Mr. St . Laurent .... Pelletier my last name and ancestors are from Normandie France .

Bullitt got my message on the Forum and I have given him the link here as well ... perhaps he will come answer you himself otherwise I'll relay the info. to you when I get it .

Here are some more pictures posted in a thread of his project Hummer http://www.montrealmustang.org/phpBB...?p=18835#18835

Thanks for the feedback and hope that we can get our hands on that fuel gizmo issue .

Later

Old 12-01-2005, 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

Which issue of Bronco Driver is his truck featured in? I am a subscriber to that magazine. (BTW...the website link you provided was in French, but I have a translation software, so I understood it for the most part.) Looks like a really cool project. I'll have to print the article and read it closely tonight.
[IMG]local://upfiles/2513/EFBE34A5B9AF47F8AA2B640D83DF5202.jpg[/IMG]
hi i'm the guy building the Hummer project , the issue is the current been delivered its #18
you can also find more about my project at http://www.tremormuv.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=31 i'm registered as GT99 on that forum, mechanical engineer in automotive [sm=interesting.gif] know anything about rewirering a 5.8 EFI engine, just kidding

Old 12-01-2005, 05:17 PM

I think my subscription to Bronco Driver may have just run out because I haven't seen #18 yet (not sure if I got #17 to be honest.) I just recently moved and you know how that goes.....

You're Hummer project looks pretty cool. I need to read the article to get some of the details (so I don't bombard you with questions.)

I'm thinking a 1200 hp Alcohol motor would motivate that Hummer pretty good.[8D] Those projects always get way out of control....

Quick Reply: New guy in town