Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Any one got a good brand?!~

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Default Any one got a good brand?!~

Need a good brand of engine cleaner. I am looking at just taking one day and doing a real deep clean on my engine. I want to take out my battier and intake and just get as much clean as I can.

Also any one know any good DIY window tint? I mean I have the time and I know pretty much how to do it I just need to know what doesn't turn out purple?

Thanks.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Default RE: Any one got a good brand?!~

for cleaning out your engine bay of crap, I would recommend Greased Lightning (High Performance) Cleaner Degreaser! I've used it before on a few vehicles and it truly cleans grime and crud right off! You just got to make sure that you dont get water/degreaser in your electronics cause that could get a little ugly!

as for window tinting, I can't help you out there... but i'm sure someone has some knowledge about that stuff!

Old 08-05-2006, 09:47 PM

I suggest not to DIY tinting. Alot of people think they know what to do and all I can say is........ whew it looks ugly sometimes. As long as you can get out air pockets without wrinkling it over itself. Good luck.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:58 PM

If you know where a shop called D&L tinting,, i highly recommend those guys, they will put on any % tint for $200, but heres there hook, not matter what reason you had to have your tint removed wheather it be by the police or whatever, they will put it back on for free.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

I suggest not to DIY tinting. Alot of people think they know what to do and all I can say is........ whew it looks ugly sometimes. As long as you can get out air pockets without wrinkling it over itself. Good luck.
WELL SAID! ^^^

It's worth the money to have it done by a pro with quality material. Most all that tint you buy at an auto parts will turn purple. I worked in a shop next to the window tinter guys, but they make it look easy cause they do it for a living. The trickiest part is if you have curved glass anywhere you want to tint. Just remember one thing...Confucious says "the cheap turns out expensive."

Old 08-05-2006, 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

If you know where a shop called D&L tinting,, i highly recommend those guys, they will put on any % tint for $200, but heres there hook, not matter what reason you had to have your tint removed wheather it be by the police or whatever, they will put it back on for free.
"hey guys can you tint this side marker for me?"

"sure that'll be $200"

"WHAT?!"

"you read or motto. $200 every time, no hook, no exceptions."

haha

Old 08-06-2006, 05:32 AM

haha funny if it was like that then i wouldnt have recommened them, i forgot to say its all around tint for 200, with life time warrenty

Old 08-06-2006, 11:31 AM

that's not a bad deal at all....

Old 08-07-2006, 06:31 PM

LOL ok well then I guess it I will just get it done by the pros.

Any one know of any good ones in Texas? um... Dallas area?