Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Automotive Annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008 | 01:02 PM
Default RE: Automotive Annoyances

one thing though, there ARE those people like me, i make my car some of that stuff just to look retarded cus i think its funny as hell, i get so many people laughing when i pull up next to some sports car that looks like its fast and can kick my *** (i drive a 1988 323 hatchback btw) and mess around with em, like look over and rev up my engine and be like yeah, whats up, then i get smoked and everyone laughs and its a good time, so not all those little ricer-ish cars are wantin to be racers, i know my car sucks, i just make fun of it lol

Old 03-25-2008 | 03:06 PM

what youve shared is mostly agreeable. though, youre writing seems a bit overly biased.

not everyone with an exhaust system on their car is a "fast and ferocious" wannabe. personally, i have a catback exhaust system on my I-4 mazda3 wagon and feel that it serves its purpose well on the autocross track by offering superb throttle response (also, i think my system has a deep, aggressive/pleasing tone and would definitely not be considered a "fart can"). no, i am not small-minded, thanks.

also, AWD and 4WD may be very helpful in slippery situations. i know from first hand experience that an awd audi a6 avant or infiniti m35x is much more proper at handling itself in snowy conditions than my fwd m3 wagon. on dry surfaces at speed though, the opposite holds true. i agree that the key is to drive in accordance with the weather and conditions of road surfaces no matter what vehicle is being driven, but an awd vehicle will handle snow much better than and fwd if both are driven properly.

once again, nice job on the editorial. i am in agreement with a lot of what you stated. i feel, however, that your profane language might hurt the cause a bit...it distracts from your passion on the subject you are writing about.

congratulations on the new magazine.

for further articles, consider touching upon both positive and negative aspects of the automotive spectrum such as legal racing (auto-x, drag strip, etc), driving while talking on cell phones, and maybe automotive technologies (safety, performance, etc.)

good luck.

Old 03-25-2008 | 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

You didn't even touch on cell phone users WTF! (good read though, and true)
I despise; cell phone talkers, make-up putter-oners, newspaper readers, the in-my-new-suit-and-need-to-impress writers, the "I just got my McD's and can't wait for a french fry while I drive home to work," and anyone who does not pay attention to their driving and the road that takes my life, and the lives of my passengers in their incapable hands, while wielding a 2-4,000 lb vehicle downany road @ 20mph or better.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! Non-negotiable.

Old 03-25-2008 | 08:17 PM
VB
|

ORIGINAL: Lupae3s

what youve shared is mostly agreeable. though, youre writing seems a bit overly biased.

not everyone with an exhaust system on their car is a "fast and ferocious" wannabe. personally, i have a catback exhaust system on my I-4 mazda3 wagon and feel that it serves its purpose well on the autocross track by offering superb throttle response (also, i think my system has a deep, aggressive/pleasing tone and would definitely not be considered a "fart can"). no, i am not small-minded, thanks.

also, AWD and 4WD may be very helpful in slippery situations. i know from first hand experience that an awd audi a6 avant or infiniti m35x is much more proper at handling itself in snowy conditions than my fwd m3 wagon. on dry surfaces at speed though, the opposite holds true. i agree that the key is to drive in accordance with the weather and conditions of road surfaces no matter what vehicle is being driven, but an awd vehicle will handle snow much better than and fwd if both are driven properly.

once again, nice job on the editorial. i am in agreement with a lot of what you stated. i feel, however, that your profane language might hurt the cause a bit...it distracts from your passion on the subject you are writing about.

congratulations on the new magazine.

for further articles, consider touching upon both positive and negative aspects of the automotive spectrum such as legal racing (auto-x, drag strip, etc), driving while talking on cell phones, and maybe automotive technologies (safety, performance, etc.)

good luck.
I kept all this in mind; however, I wrote the article with the intended audience being my area. In Staten Island, we don't have dirt roads, or twisty roads for that matter. We rarely get more that traces of snow, and it doesn't even rain that much at any one time. Therefore, the majority of the 4WD soccermobiles out here are pointless.

And I use the "fart can" term simply because it holds the predominance in the area. I don't mean it as an overview of the tuning community, just the posers here.

Old 03-25-2008 | 10:01 PM

it's a good article. But i guess i'm just different. I laugh at hondas too. The ones with huge wings and mis matched paint and body kits that look like crap, however my taste in cars varies from others. I personally like the cars from fast n furious i'm into that taste. so if i see a car well done up such as the f & f ones I more then likely stare than laugh...But it ISa good article. I too have a friend with a "fart can" he has both a cavalier and a cobalt, but the sound is much deeper then the farting sound of a slow honda. I have a cat-back on my car and enjoy the sound as well. guess it's just everyone's opinions and most people build their cars based on how they feel and not what anyone else thinks...hope i made sense.

Old 10-12-2008 | 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Vince!!! What happened to that article about cell phone user/drivers?
Let"s have it, MAN!!!

Old 10-12-2008 | 06:31 PM
VB
|

The magazine's publish is still, for reasons unbeknownst to me, up in the air. Because of that, I haven't had to write another article. If our magazine does get approved, I will of course post my next article here.

Old 05-13-2009 | 07:50 PM
VB
|

Update: Last night, the first print was made, and was released to the campus public this morning. I saw half-empty bins in the main buildings, which is a good sign for a fledgling humor magazine.

I've even got a two page feature in the magazine, and a drawing to boot (courtesy of editor-in-chief and friend of mine, Mike). If I can just find that camera charger...