Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Question about Mazda Service Loaners/Courtesy Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 02:32 PM
Default Question about Mazda Service Loaners/Courtesy Vehicles

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. And I would like to ask a couple questions.

Two weeks ago, my family and I took my '22 Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus to our Mazda dealer due to a 6 month service being due and for an oscillating noise underneath my passenger door that needed to get fixed. My family requested a courtesy vehicle. When our service advisor took note of the oscillating noise issue and the service, he provided us the loaner car. Before I get further with was the loaner car is and the questions for this post, most Mazda dealers on their website provide information about service loaners (including the dealer I went to):

"LOANER VEHICLES

We maintain a fleet of new Mazda Courtesy Vehicles for our customers to use while their vehicle is in routine maintenance, repairs, or warranty work. Take advantage of the opportunity to drive a different model each time you’re in for service or check out the latest features by requesting a Mazda Courtesy Vehicle on your next visit. Use of a Mazda Courtesy Vehicle is always free. Please call us at <Dealer Phone Number> for more information about the Mazda Courtesy Vehicle Program."

But, the loaner car was an identical model of my car. It wasn't a "different model" nor was a "new Mazda Courtesy Vehicle". It was a '21 Mazda3 2.5S base model. It was basically my car, but skimpier on features. It also had blemishes like a worn out tire, chipped hubcap and a missing tow hitch cover. Please note, I am not berating my dealer for this, but I am just wondering about how your dealer handled loaner vehicles and whether or not the loaners were "new" or "different models" compared to your current model.

Questions:

1. When you took your Mazda for service, did Mazda provide you "different models" or "new Mazda Courtesy Vehicles" or even both?
2. Will most Mazda dealers not follow their advertising about loaner vehicles as said in my post earlier?

Last edited by drboostfire; 10-20-2022 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-20-2022, 02:53 PM

Welcome to the forum

Old 10-20-2022, 02:55 PM

Not all dealerships can offer loaner programs. Not all dealerships have enough loaner vehicle's in stock to handle high volume service work. Not all dealership can offer specific vehicle's which depends on their flooring contract and their auto manufactures contract as an independent dealership.
Its that simple.

Old 10-20-2022, 03:00 PM

Oh thank you! It is great to be here! Nice to meet you!

Old 10-20-2022, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by drboostfire
Oh thank you! It is great to be here! Nice to meet you!
Glad to have new members.

Not sure which dealership you use there are few up there in Seattle that is found on the net, but next time you visit look at how many service bays they have. Chances are at lease 10 or more. But lets say 10. At least 2 will be priority Safety recall service. 4 will be appointments for warranty service. 1 will be new and used car sold prep. The leaves 3 for misc. service work. So in those 10 bays at least 5 per day will be customers leaving their MAZDA for some kind of service. So minimum the dealership would need at least 8 NEW Mazda available for loaner. Keep in mind those will become at some point low milage new/Used vehicles offered. The flooring from banks and loan institution are very strick about how many can be used for that purpose. Mazda also offers kickbacks but have a long list of restriction to dealer that do participate in a loaner program. My only suggestion is that if you want a specific Mazda next time as a loaner, first ask if they have one and than make your appoint around being able to get that model as your loaner Mazda. I am just suggesting, don't expect it to actually happen but you can ask.
The 2 dealerships here were I have friend's that work there as well my account have 30 bays. They do have a loaner car program but they cant even promise it will be a MAZDA. They have almost 75 vehicles being rotated or waiting service work at any work day m-sat . The local Chevy dealership is even bigger than MAZDA. I just have them deliver parts I need. Otherwise it is a 4 hour trip for me to drive 15 miles wait in line to P/U parts and then drive back to the shop.
Most always when I order parts for myself or customers, I don't even go to the dealership but a separate stocking parts warehouse about a mile down the road from the dealership. LOL

Last edited by Callisto; 10-20-2022 at 03:26 PM.