Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sound clips here.

Beep from Mazda 3 dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 12:40 PM
Default Beep from Mazda 3 dashboard

I get this beep from the dashboard of my 2021 Mazda3 2.5 S PR FWD. Audio file attached. It's location specific - it only happens at certain locations, like the foot of Mt. Lebanon Road (I'll get 4 or 5 beeps there and that is where this recording was done), or on Rt. 202 at Duncan Avenue or the corner of Clayton St. and Gilpin Avenue in Trolley Square, Wilmington, DE.

I can drive for hours and not hear it but if I am at these locations, it comes thru loud and clear.

On this recording, you'll hear 5 beeps. The first happens around 30 seconds in, followed by another a few seconds later, then 3 more near the 1-minute mark.

Any suggestions on how to make it go away?

Clete

Attached Files
Old 08-14-2024, 01:07 PM

Completely read you owner's manual or contact Mazda.

Old 08-14-2024, 01:09 PM

That's not very helpful. I've done both.

Old 08-14-2024, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by cletegraham
That's not very helpful. I've done both.
Don't take this wrong but lately so many seem to "claim" taking their MAZDA to MAZDA service and them not finding the solution to a problem. While I realize at times some issues are more challenging to find the cause and thus the solution to correcting it Mazda dealership have service trained or experience auto technical diagnosing ( a must and if I am not mistaken Mazda contract stipulated an independently owned contract dealer with Mazda must have at least one Certified ASE or factory trained employee in the service shop) to do the work successfully. But in the small chance someone got the shop clean up "boy/girl" working on their Mazda I suggest taking it back to Mazda and tell them to find the problem solution.

The worst scenario that rarely happens is a rodent chewing on the wire harness somewhere not easy seen. But even that can still be found with a simple Digital volt ohm meter.

Forums DONT have all the answers and generally speaking most members are Guessing at answers or stating they had you issue and how they corrected it. That works out about 20% of the time because of all the variables between even a like year and model vehcle.
Likewise if you were to call me where I work, I would tell you that you would need to come by. Myself as a customer service if I can *solve the problem in less than 15 minutes I rarely charge for the service. (attitude from customer is a factor we as service technicians did not create your issue and some take at least an hour to simply find not correct the problem) *The owner of the shop always rolls his eye when I do that ... LOL But then I have made a new customer that will return with something i can charge for.

So conclusion go back to Mazda or roll the dice and try an independent service shop. But find one that has ASE signage so you know you will have a certified ASE hopefully assigned to looking into your concern.

Old 08-14-2024, 04:25 PM

Thanks, Callisto, I appreciate your more nuanced reply. I DID take it to the dealership. This is the 3rd Mazda I've purchased from the same dealership. One of the reasons I keep going back is the excellent service. I know the service manager pretty well and he agreed to go for a ride with me a year ago so he could hear the noise himself. It took ten minutes but it finally happened - the beep beeped - and he heard it. He was bewildered and had no idea what caused it.

For a long time, I suspected it had something to do with my iPhone. But I finally left the iPhone home, drove the car and got the same sharp, annoying beep. For a long time, I was unable to record it with my iPhone. If I had the iPhone recording, the beep never happened. I finally turned off the Bluetooth on my iPhone and sure enough, the beep came thru. I recorded it yesterday and sent it to the same service manager and asked him to forward it to Mazda for their comments.

I also posted the audio on this forum in hopes that someone had a similar experience.

Clete

Old 08-14-2024, 05:01 PM

Sorry i can't speculate. I will assume that the dealership flashed the lasted ECU and firmware for your Mazda while you were there. If that was done, then yes there is a dealer Q&A for unresolved and complicated issues that a dealerships service department can't find to resolve. Unfortunately, it is still humans that are passing their thoughts as they see it to another that must do Q&A back and forth to at times get on the same line of problem solving. Blue tooth issues are not really a MAZDA issues and indirectly as such not usually a normal service diagnostic procedure clearly numbered out on how to resolve. So you need to stay with ONE service facility and work with the same service Technicians until your problem is found. Any less and you will be starting from scratch again with this problem. Turnaround time varies contacting the dealership help at MAZDA USA form 2 days to a week. Because this is not a problem that will cause damage to the drivetrain and safety monitoring systems you are problem not going to need to stop driving your Mazda unless the service advisors from his technician states otherwise and it will be on VIN record.
Here is a good thing about this thread you started. In re-reading it and you pressing for more and better information, when you do finally get your solution, and I am confident you will your resolve will be valuable for the next person to have some solid information on how to go about finding how to solve their problems if they are the same or close to the same.

I can say that while I have not yet had a customer with this Mazda specific issues if you do post your resolve will be copying the thread and filing it for possible reference information?

Old 08-15-2024, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Not sue about the USA, but there is a Mazda Connect ( infotainment ) software update to fix this issue in the Australian market.

Old 08-15-2024, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Not sue about the USA, but there is a Mazda Connect ( infotainment ) software update to fix this issue in the Australian market.
Yup! Confirmed available for USA model Mazda's (vin specific) this morning with one call to a Mazda service department!

Thanks for the input grime. (Factory Trained Mazda Technician).

Old 08-15-2024, 10:32 AM

Thanks, grim reaper and Callisto. I have a call in with the local Mazda dealership service department.

Clete

Old 08-16-2024, 09:50 AM

I spoke to the Mazda service manager. He suggested taking the navigation SD card out and see if the problem goes away. I did and it did. I have an appointment in mid-September to get the software update installed.

Clete

Quick Reply: Beep from Mazda 3 dashboard